junio 30, 2009

dulces para paolo

I was perched outside in the pouring rain, trying to make myself a sail. Then I’ll float to you my darling with the evening on my tail. Although not the most honest means of travel it gets me there nonetheless. I’m a heartless man at worst, babe, and a helpless one at best. Darling I’ll bathe your skin, I’ll even wash your clothes. Just give me some candy, before I go. Oh, darling I’ll kiss your eyes, and lay you down on your rug... just give me some candy after my heart... Oh I’m often false explaining, but to her it plays out all the same and although I’m left defeated. It get’s held against my name, I know you got plenty to offer baby. But I guess I’ve taken quite enough, well I’m some stain there on your bedsheet. You’re my diamond in the rough... I know that there´re writings on the wall but darling I’ll bathe your skin, I’ll even wash your clothes. Just give me some candy... after my heart. Oh I’ll be there waiting for you.





Ayer estuve dando vueltas por Capital, entre a una disquería y conseguí el último cd de Paolo Nutini. Muchos ni lo conocen. A mi me encanta en todo sentido, sus letras, su voz y su música. Una mezcla extraña que me da toda la alegría que necesito. Ejemplo claro es este tema... el video tiene lo suyo también. No lo comparo con el "Last Request" o "Jenny don't be hasty" de su primer album, pero tiene cierta magia, que tal vez no todos comprendan... pero yo la siento. Y esta canción me inspiro muchas cosas, como seguir adelante... dejar de lado todo lo que vengo viviendo que en definitiva no me sirve de nada... y empezar a escribir otra vez como lo hacía antes. Tenía fácil dos o tres novelas escritas, pero las perdí... no se donde quedaron. Ahora tengo una historia que contar... y espero que esta inspiración dure lo suficiente como para terminarla. Y respecto a dejar las cosas de lado, de todos modos, I'll be waiting for you. So if you want to come, I'll be here.

+video